Monday 2 December 2013

Review: Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly

Seriously i bought this BB because it was featured on Michelle Phan Korean inspired makeup. I am kind of ingredient conscious person, which i want to avoid as much as toxic ingredient in my skincare and makeup product. But the thing is, i also hate to waste money and product. Even if i shop like a queen, i will make sure that i used up everything, although the ingredients are not that good or convincing (as long as it fits my skin). Well i should admit that i bought this bb cream without any glanced towards the ingredient..lol.


Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB SPF 20 PA++ 40ml
Bought at Myeongdong, Seoul
Price: KRW 13,500

 The bottle is a thick glass and comes with the sponge.


 Let's see what it claims,

  
I was quite shocked that this cream have 4 types of paraben..ooppsyy


 It really looks like a jelly pudding to me.

My Opinion:
Well so many things i can say about this cream. It's actually one of the best BB Cream i have tried so far. It has a semi-matte finish and so easy to blend. I love to apply it using sponge as it will give more natural effects than using my bare hands. Apparently it's because the sponge will absorb some of the liquid. I am more to a natural makeup but in some occasions, i do wear a full makeup. For example, on my graduation day.



I don't know if u can tell or not, but it really shows on my printed studio photos that my skin has sort of like glowing effects on it. This is one of the photo i took from the CD (not printed). I'm not sure is it because of the hot weather or because of the bb cream itself but i think the cream did helps to boost the effect. I'm not an oily type skin. My skin is dry to normal and i guess this cream really does a good job to keep my skin moist.

So to sum up,

Pros:
  • Easy to blend
  • Fast absorption
  • Semi-matte finish
  • Medium to full coverage 
  • Suitable for dry and oily skin
  • Skin feel plumper and glowing
  • Long power stay especially in hot weather (4-5 hours outside)
  • Although the cream is quite thick but it does not feel heavy at all

Cons:
  • Not enough SPF especially in a tropical weather (only 20 PA++)
  • Have 4 family of Paraben which is the major turnoff (more info in here)
  • Strong smell of fragrance

Not much i can say about the cons as it really does not that obvious actually. I will still using this despite the ingredients because of the pleasant feeling towards my skin and after that done is done! 

:)


P/S: Review are based on my experience only and it may differ to certain type of skin but of course it is worth to try.


Thanks for reading and have a nice day!


2 comments:

  1. Salam and hello Amera!

    as another Malaysian fellow blogger, I'd like to welcome you with warm hugs (virtually hehe) and hopefully you'll continue blogging about your experience in Korean beauty cosmetics!
    Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and followed my GFC! Here I am, returning the favour, following you back on your GFC (excited cause I'm your first follower!) and Google+ account! :D

    Anyway, I love your first post! I watched Pasta a few years ago and still love it! For me, my first drama is Autumn in My Heart in 2002 and from then on, I'm sucked into the world of K-Pop in 2004 and until today, evolved into the world of K-beauty skincare.
    As for the review above, I love it! It's easy to digest, detailed and love your clear photos!
    so do write up some more! I would love to read them!

    xx, Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you dear.. hope we can also be friends (virtually)

    mmuahxx (virtually)

    :)

    ReplyDelete